Safety is the key to a great Dirt experience. We prefer you get hurt on the trail instead of on the road or in a car. The drive route is generally the shortest route with the highest portion of paved roads and the least conflict (Not, “No Conflict!”!) with incoming vehicles and runners. Basic concepts:
- Be on high watch for runners crossing the roads as they do bolt from the trails!
- Follow the precise drive route
- Be attentive to parking instructions from the exchange volunteers.
- Stay in designated entrances, flow lanes and exits.
- Use odometer – trip odometer.
- Do not lay down behind the wheels of a vehicle in parking areas (Common and ugly!)
- Drive route after your runner starts leg.
1. The Stampede - Half Moon to Half Moon
- Stay at Half Moon
2. Buttslider - Half Moon to Silver Lake
- If possible, leave your #5 Runner here at Half Moon, you'll be pressed to get back here after your #4 leaves Silver Lake.
- Exit Half Moon (E) to Hankerd Caution: Confused/Lost runners maybe crossing Hankerd at exit
- Right (S) Hankerd 1.9 miles
- Left (E) N. Territorial 1.6
- Left (N) Dexter-Town Hall 1.1
- Left (W) Pinckney Rec. Area 0.6
3. Rave Run – Silver Lake to Silver Lake
- Stay at Silver Lake
4. Dirty Blond – Silver Lake to Half Moon
- I hope your #5 is already at Half Moon...
- Left (E) out of Pinckney Rec. Parking lot 0.5 Caution: Runners crossing parking access
- Right (S) on Dexter-Town Hall Road 1.1
- Right (W) on N. Territorial 1.6
- Right (N) onto Hankerd Road 1.9
- Left (W) into parking lot of Half Moon Exchange 4-5 is on parking side of HQ
5. Purgatory – Half Moon to Hell Creek Ranch
- Hell Creek Ranch Parking map below
- Exit (E) Half Moon to Hankerd
- Left (N) Hankerd/Glenbrook 1.8 Caution: Runners cross Glenbrook & Patterson
- Right (E) Patterson Lake Rd 2.1 Past Hell Store & IScream
- Left (N) Cedar Lake Road 0.1 Caution: Runners wandering around on Cedar Lake Road; turn into parking off Cedar Lake Road before you hit them.
- Right (E) into parking across from Ranch.
- Signs to Exchange in NW corner of parking, to Exchange across street in Ranch; do not try to cross Cedar Lake by going out the vehicle entrance.
6. This Sucks – Hell Creek Ranch to Jessica's Joint
*** Vehicle Exit SE corner of parking ***
- Left (E) Patterson Lake Rd 1.0 miles Caution: Runners wandering around
- Left (N) Toma 1.2 miles (Toma changes to Howell St)
- Left (W) M-36 1.3 miles
- Left (S) Jessica's Joint
- Shoe / Body Wash – Donate to Pinckney X-Country
7. Stripper Sucks – stay at Jessica's Joint
8. Stripper Pole – Jessica's Joint return to Hell Creek Ranch
- Right (E) M-36 1.3 miles
- Right (S) Howell St (Toma) 1.2 miles in downtown Pinckney
- Right (W) Patterson Lake Rd 1.1 miles
- Right (N) Cedar Lake Rd 0.1 miles Caution: Runners wandering around
- Right (E) into Parking. CAUTION: OBLIVIOUS RUNNERS ON ROAD
9. Styx – Hell Creek Ranch to Silver Lake
*** Vehicle Exit SE corner of parking ***
- Exit: Left (E) Patterson Lake. Rd. 1.0
- Right (S) Toma 0.75
- Right (W) Tiplady 0.25
- Left (S) Dexter-Townhall to Park 1.6
- (W) into Park to parking 0.7 Caution: Runners crossing parking access
10. Potto – Silver Lake to Half Moon
- Left (E) out of Pinckney Rec. Parking Lot 0.6 Caution: Runners crossing parking access and lot
- Right (S) Dexter-Town Hall Road 1.1
- Right (W) N. Territorial 1.6
- Right (N) Hankerd Road 1.9 Caution: Runners crossing Hankerd
- Left (W) into parking lot of Half Moon Exchange 9-10 is on parking side of HQ
11. Vertigo - Half Moon to The Farm
- Exit Half Moon, Right (S) Hankerd Road 1.9
- Right (W) North Territorial 1.4
- Right (NW) Joslyn Lake Rd. 2.1 Left into parking
12. Barn Burner – The Farm to The Farm
- Everything's Good, Livin' on the Farm
13. Oh Brother, Where Are Thou? – The Farm to The Farm
- Stay down on the Farm
14. Don’t Get No Better – The Farm to Bartell Road
- Right (S) Joslyn Lake 2.1
- Left (E) North Territorial 0.1 B – North Lake Gas & Store (open)
- Left (N) Hedley Rd. 2.8
- NOTE: NO BOY SCOUT CAMP PARKING THIS YEAR!!!
- Right (E) Bartell .5 M to entrance on right; click image for larger view
- Right into parking Exchange 14-15 southeast edge.
15. Glory! – Bartell Road to Half Moon
- Bartell Road Parking map above; click image for larger view
- Left (W) out of lot on Bartell 0.5
- Left (S) Hedley Rd. 2.8 B – North Lake Gas & Store (open)
- Left (E) North Territorial Rd. 1.4
- Left (N) Hankerd Rd. 1.8 Caution runners on road!
- Left Half Moon to team finish Join Runner to finish as Team